An impact-tech platform for sustainable investing and direct carbon credits purchasing
Vlinder initiates and implements forest restoration and conservation projects which help reduce global carbon emissions.
- We partner with present-day eco heroes
- We choose projects with proven climate action
- We ensure the projects provide environmental and social co-benefits: jobs and food security, natural protection from extreme weather events, nurseries for wildlife
Our first projects
Purchase carefully chosen carbon credits and invest in forest restoration and conservation projects at the Vlinder Exchange.
The Vlinder Exchange is a blockchain-based marketplace for high-quality carbon credits. It is based on the Gnosis Protocol which enables batch auctions with a single clearing price to maximize liquidity. Vlinder smart contracts are deployed on the low-carbon Ethereum-compatible xDai chain.
- Direct ownership: Buyers and sellers on the Vlinder Exchange control their tokenized assets with their own private keys stored in the Vlinder mobile app or other wallets. These wallets should have WalletConnect and xDai support (for example, AlphaWallet or Metamask).
- Onchain matching: Submission and matching of orders are managed via a blockchain smart contract.
- Immediate settlement: The settlement process is run immediately after matching of the auction orders.
- Stablecoin support: The Vlinder Exchange supports the xDai stablecoin pegged to the US Dollar. You can buy xDai on exchanges, for example AscendEx, directly in the Vlinder app using Ramp.
- Fees: The Vlinder Exchange levies a small fee on the volume of an executed trade split equally between counterparties of a trade. Fee costs are included in an order’s limit price.
- Admission: Trading on the Vlinder Exchange is permissionless.
Vlinder helps climate projects to get investment, receive carbon credits, and sell carbon at best price We reinforce high quality climate projects with smart capital and innovation.
Vlinder supports projects that:
- are certified by one of the leading global carbon certification standards or eligible for getting such certification
- have environmental and social co-benefits along with climate change mitigation
Are you a climate project?
Not all carbon removal projects are equal. Vlinder puts a lot of thought into creating the most beneficial and impactful offsets.
- We only work with projects that have been verified by Verra or the Gold Standard
- We carefully select those that address several sustainable development goals
- We only support projects that would last for generations
You can also calculate your company’s carbon footprint and get recommendations on how to minimize it: Vlinder partners with Tsetinis to deliver best-in-class results.
Learn more about Vlinder partners
Assess and finance your carbon risks
Vlinder connects sustainability and risk and insurance management activities to develop a coordinated approach to financing carbon related risks.
- Context: Connect sustainability and risk and insurance management to define carbon risk emission hotspots.
- Assessment: Identify carbon risk scenarios, obtain and evaluate carbon-linked data points. Perform actuarial simulations on likelihood and severity of carbon linked events.
- Treatment: Retain the risk and finance internally via self-insurance techniques to allocate budget across operations.
- Learn more
Our mission is to empower people to make planetary impact.
We reinforce high quality climate projects with smart capital and innovation.
Our goal is to enable carbon mitigation of 10 million tonnes of CO2 every month, combined footprint of Switzerland and Austria.
We can achieve it by restoring 2 million ha of coastal forests, 1/2 size of Switzerland or 125x Liechtenstein.Vlinder culture code
Carbon credits are available for direct purchase on the Vlinder Exchange. You can earn on carbon credits: The demand is constantly growing. Or you may use carbon credits to offset your footprint and get an offset certificate from the official carbon credits registry.